: SAIC is seeking Storage Engineer to support the implementation of IT shared services for a large government agency. Duties: The lead Storage Engineer will be responsible for all storage engineering activities and engineering support to the operations team. The senior storage engineer will oversee and manage all storage lifecycle activities for a large hybrid multi-vendor shared services environment. Ensure all storage activities are designed, engineered and transitions in accordance with agency policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with industry best practices. Ensure all storage activities are documented for consistency providing a repeatable quality process. Provide solutions for the integration of multi-vendor storage systems into a centralized managed service. Qualifications: CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Other Clearance REQUIRED:
1. Must have experience providing lifecycle engineering for all storage services to include data storage, backup, recovery and archival.
2. Experience developing engineering designs, plans and analysis resulting in the recommendation of new or enhanced storage solutions based on industry best practices.
3. Experience managing storage engineering projects following industry best practices.
4. Experience managing, testing and deploying critical and routine systems / applications patches IAW applicable commercial and government practices.
5. Understanding of the application of DevOps to enhance performance, increase efficiency and improve quality for storage services.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor and 9 years is preferred but experience is accepted in lieu of education. Must have a minimum of 12 years of experience leading and managing the operations of a storage area networks, specializing in SAN architecting.
2. Must have experience managing projects and workloads for technical support teams.
3. EMC, NetApp, and/or VMware certification desired.
4. PMP certification desired. SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Job Posting: Nov 15, 2018, 12:13:03 PM Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance Potential for Teleworking: No Travel: None Shift: Day Job Schedule: Full-time